An extensive guide to getting the best river cruise deals
Riverboat travel is an excellent way to explore different destinations. Unlike other modes of travel, it offers a distinct and exceptional experience. You get to cruise in pristine waters while exploring towns, nature, and the wildlife of various popular destinations.
In the last few decades, the popularity of river cruises has skyrocketed all over the world. It’s a perfect type of getaway that numerous people across the world opt for. In the country alone, there are numerous destinations that can be explored via a riverboat cruise.
The surge in the popularity of riverboat travel has benefited travelers with river cruise lines coming up with deals and promotions that help them save money. However, when it comes to the best discount river cruise deals, there is more than what meets the eye. At times, deals may have hidden charges involved and might end up blowing your budget onboard. Popular cruise lines, and trusted travel agencies and deal websites keep running exclusive deals on a wide range of riverboat cruises across the country. You need to stay updated and be well aware of the essential river cruising tips to be able to score the best river cruise deals.
If you are planning a river cruise vacation, scoring a deal will help you save time and lots of money. Here’s an extensive guide to getting great riverboat cruise deals that include essential services and do not have hidden charges involved. Know about these things and sail through the river without a worry.
How can you stay up to date on the best river cruise deals?
- Subscribe to the newsletters of the cruise lines and third-party booking websites; this is a great way to get news of their latest promotions and deals in your inbox.
- You can also keep track of the deals and discounts on their social media accounts, their websites, and the deal sites. They update these regularly with the upcoming deals and promotions for a wide range of destinations.
- Contact a reliable travel agency to get updates on the best river cruise deals and discounts.
- Some cruise lines publish deals and promotions in newspapers as well.
How can you compare river cruise deals to pick the best one?
- Most deals look immensely attractive, but it is essential to do a thorough comparison of different deals before going for a particular one.
- Compare the itineraries of different deals to get to know about the different destinations that will be covered in a trip.
- Compare the services included in the deals. Check whether the deal price includes shore excursions, beverages, and dining options.
- Compare the cancellation and refund policies of different deals before making the final choice.
How much does a river cruise typically cost?
- The price of a river cruise line depends on the destination, duration and date of the trip, services included, and the type of riverboat cruise.
- The fare for a budget-friendly cruise line may range from $100-$200 per person per night.
- First-class river cruises typically range from $150-$350 per person per night.
- The fare for luxury river cruises may cost $500 per person per night or more.
- If you’re traveling with a group, the price will be relatively lower.
- All-inclusive riverboat cruise lines are more expensive, as they include airport transfer fees, along with port charges and prepaid gratuities.
- River cruise fares are often low during the off-season (from November to March) as compared to the peak season (from June to August).
How much can you save with these deals?
- How much you save depends on the type of deal you get.
- Some deals may offer 20%-50% off on basic cruise fare.
- Some others offer heavy discounts on all-inclusive riverboat cruise packages.
- Yet other deals may also offer a few extra nights on the river cruise boat.
Which cruise lines offer the best riverboat cruises in the country?
Operating in the most-popular river cruise destinations, here are some popular cruise lines that you can pick for your next trip:
- American Cruise Lines
- American Queen Steamboat Co.
- Pearl Seas Cruises
- Lindblad Expeditions
- St. Lawrence Cruise Lines
Which are the sites that offer the best river cruise deals?
Here are some of the websites that offer the best river cruise deals across the country. Explore them to bag a great cruise deal:
Hope this article helped you out.